Houston manager A.J. Hinch said the top of the eighth

Todo lo relacionado al arte del derrape controlado... Drifting
panxing18

Houston manager A.J. Hinch said the top of the eighth

Mensaje sin leer por panxing18 »

HOUSTON (AP) — inning on Saturday night was one of the ugliest innings the Astros have had all season.The bottom half of the inning was easily one of the team’s best innings of the year.Justin Verlander struck out 11 in six dominant innings http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/auth ... oss-jersey , Jose Altuve capped a nine-run eighth with a two-run homer, and the Houston Astros rallied for a 10-5 win over the Los Angeles Angels.“It happened fast,” Hinch said. “Just guys doing their part and then we got a little fortunate that they made a mistake. A lot of quality at-bats, one mistake, a lot of key hits, three or four walks led to a huge inning.”After the Angels scored five times in the top of the eighth, Yuli Gurriel, Brian McCann and Evan Gattis each hit RBI singles off of Ty Buttrey (0-1) to close the lead to 5-4.“They found holes and they capitalized on some mistakes I made on some pitches,” Buttrey said. “There’s not much you can do in that situation but control what you can control.”With the bases loaded and one out, pinch-hitter Tyler White hit a chopper to third baseman Taylor Ward, whose throw sailed into right field for an error and allowed two runs to score.“I was trying to get to first base as fast as possible,” White said. “I know we needed that run. That’s not really how you draw it up, but it got the job done. It got the runs in.”Angels manager Mike Scioscia said the Angels had timing on their side on White’s chopper http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/auth ... oss-jersey , but the throw got away from Ward.“He just lost it up and away,” Scioscia said. “It’s like we said, he’s got to experience a lot of things. He’s playing in a big ballpark against a team that’s in first place and he’ll make that play next time.”George Springer followed with a two-run single off of Blake Parker. Altuve, who led off the inning with a walk, launched a two-run homer onto the train tracks in left field.“I looked over at Dallas (Keuchel), and I was like ‘You know, they could easily hand us this game,'” Gattis said. “I think everyone on this team believes that and knows that we are never out of it.”The AL West-leading Astros remain 3½ games ahead of Oakland.Verlander allowed one hit and hit one batter in six innings. The right-hander retired the last 15 batters he faced after allowing Justin Upton’s single to lead off the second, including ten by strikeout.“I kept trying to attack the zone and be the aggressor,” Verlander said. “Those tight ballgames, one pitch can kill you. I was just trying to execute. I had good fastball control. I was able to use my off speed effectively when I needed to. I kept them off-balanced.”Verlander reached double digits in strikeouts for the third straight outing and has 12 such games this season. He set a career high with 280 strikeouts, besting the 269 he had in 2009.Houston’s pitching staff broke a major league record by striking out 1,615 batters this season Carlos Zambrano Jersey , reaching the mark when Roberto Osuna fanned Sherman Johnson to lead off the ninth. The Astros have eight games remaining.The Angels jumped on the Astros’ bullpen in the eighth. Francisco Arcia tied the game at 1 with an RBI double off Hector Rondon, and Mike Trout launched a three-run homer to left-center off Joe Smith. Andrelton Simmons added an RBI double.Collin McHugh (6-2) earned the win after getting the final two outs in the top of the eighth.Gattis hit an RBI single in the fourth to put the Astros ahead.Jaime Barria allowed one run on four hits in five innings.TROUT’S HOME RUN BARRAGETrout homered in his third straight game and fifth home run in his last six games. He now has 38 on the season, three shy of his career-high 41 he hit in 2015.TRAINER’S ROOMAngels: 1B Jose Fernandez left with a bruised right hand after being hit by a 96-mph fastball from Verlander in the first inning. X-rays were negative. The pitch was the 14th of the at-bat. Jefry Marte replaced Fernandez.UP NEXTRHP Charlie Morton (15-3, 3.15 ERA) starts the series finale Sunday against LHP Tyler Skaggs (8-8, 3.69). Morton is on a three-game winning streak and has allowed three runs or fewer in each of his last three starts. Skaggs is making his second start since coming off the disabled list after throwing three scoreless innings in his last outing Tuesday at the Athletics. WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Washington Nationals outfielder Michael A. Taylor will be sidelined with a sprained left knee and sprained left hip, leaving the club thin at that position with opening day less than two weeks away.“I think he’s going to miss a significant amount of time,” manager Dave Martinez said Friday.Taylor favored his left leg as he limped through the clubhouse earlier in the day before heading to have an MRI.“He’s a big part of our ballclub,” Martinez said after getting test results. “So I just hope that he recovers quickly and we can get him back out there as soon as possible.”Taylor had been set to enter the season as one of Washington’s top four outfielders; it appeared he was going to be the first one off the bench, behind starters Adam Eaton in right, Juan Soto in left and rookie Victor Robles in center.Robles and Taylor are the only true center fielders available to Martinez, who acknowledged Friday, “You’re correct: There’s no outfield depth Mark Grace Jersey ,” after a reporter brought up the issue.Bryce Harper, of course, has departed for the Philadelphia Phillies, a year after another starter, Jayson Werth, left the Nationals. The club traded two backups last season, and while Eaton is a veteran starter, Soto was an unexpected revelation at 19 last year, and Robles appears ready to make an impact at 21, Taylor was the only other sure thing in the outfield.Taylor said his knee and hip stiffened shortly after he made a diving catch in center during the second inning of Washington’s 10-4 victory over Minnesota on Thursday.“I went to slide, and the outfield was a little soft, and my knee stuck in the ground,” Taylor said.In the moment http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/auth ... oss-jersey , Martinez said, “It was kind of scary. I ran out of the dugout right away, because it didn’t look too good.”Now Andrew Stevenson will see time in center field and the team could look for other options.“When you start a season with just four outfielders, you want a guy who can play center field,” Martinez said. “So we’re going to have to really look for that guy.”Matt Adams, a backup first baseman, started Washington’s 11-3 win against the New York Mets on Friday. Of the more than 470 starts Adams has made in his major league career, only 30 came in left.Martinez said that Wilmer Difo, a backup infielder, also will see time in the outfield in the coming days.Another utility player who can play in the outfield, Howie Kendrick, is working his way back after straining his left hamstring in a game on March 5. Martinez said Kendrick is not yet running at full speed.Notes: Newly signed LHP Tony Sipp said he’s been throwing two bullpen sessions a week since January. “But,” the reliever added Kyle Schwarber Jersey , “still always different when you get a batter in the box. I haven’t thrown to live batters. The arm is ready. Just kicking it into the next gear is going to be a challenge here in the next two weeks.” Washington opens the regular season on March 28. Sipp threw a side session of 35 pitches Thursday, and Martinez said: “My biggest thing with him — and I talked to him yesterday — is: ‘As much as we want you for opening day, you missed significant time in spring training, so hopefully you’re ready. But if you’re not, you’re not. But we want you to be fully ready, so if it takes you an extra three or four appearances down here, so be it.'”
Responder

Volver a “DRIFTING”